The holidays are upon us! It is time to start thinking of ways to show love to your people! I LOVE buying gifts for others. Buying gifts is one of my love languages! I am obsessed with brainstorming the perfect thing a person might need or want and then I spend HOURS researching exactly where to get it. I love it… It is shopping… but selflessly!
A lot of bloggers post about gifts to get your friends… and honestly sometimes the lists can be pretty #basic. I want to encourage you to get a little creative. If anything, I hope this blog gives you an idea for something completely different!
For your Fashionista:
- Nothing says, “Love you, sis!” like a bomb beanie right now. I found these BCBGeneration ones for $28 and the Pom is bomb… it gets attention to say the least. I wore my navy one in the airport last weekend and I was stopped multiple times – not by TSA. I would cry of happiness to get this hat!
- I found these plaques in my favorite gift shop in CoMo, Calhouns, this Fall and I just adore them. There are a few different sayings and they are perfect to put on your vanity or dresser. There are three different sayings: Chic Manifesto, New Beauty, and I Believe.
- Finally, I am in love with anything that includes cheeky sayings. These little jewelry dishes are perfect to store earrings or rings on your night stand. They are adorable and so affordable!
For your Artsy/Hipster friend:
- First of all… MAJOR PROPS to my boo Megan Ogar. For each of her friends’ birthdays she will buy them all the same thing essentially and always from a local artisan… YOU ARE SO COOL, MOGAR! Here are some things she has purchased as of late from CoMo artists:
- OneCanoeTwo: These posters come in all 50 states and are letter pressed. Megan purchased one for each of her friends who live across the country for them to frame for their desks, coffee tables, or you name it!
- Lily Dawson: This is a jewelry designer who lives here in town. I have four different pairs of her earrings and I love her stuff. I have gotten a few things as gifts for my friends. There is nothing better then unique, local and a story when it comes to gifts! You know they will never find it anywhere else!
- Finally, make something. I know this sounds cheesy, but last year I went on a sugar scrub-making binge and made these coconut oil, lavender sugar scrub hand moisturizers for everyone I knew. I got a few comments on how great they were MONTHS later!
- There are thousands of fun sugar scrubs you could make for people.
- Also, bath salts would be great for any of your friends who need some down time in 2017.
- One of the SWEEETEST gifts I received this year was from my childhood friend, Heather who made me this adorable pillowcase for me to travel with. She said one day she was thinking about me and thought about how nice it would be to have some sort of familiarity in my day-to-day life with how much I travel, and she thought I would really benefit from waking up on the same pillowcase every day. My heart melted. It is a treasured gift now.
For your Fitness Friend:
- First of all… in case you have not heard me say it enough… Spiritual Gangster and Good HYOUman! Both of these brands are some of the cutest workout and athleisure gear out there right now! The tank tops are decently priced and great for the gym and the studio.
- Workout Class Passes: If there is a workout they are dying to try, you will most likely be able to get them a pass where you can go with them for free and you two could have the experience together! Research shows we feel closer to people when we learn with them versus just spending time with them!
- Can never go wrong with Lululemon headbands: I received a Lulu headband from the Kappa Delta chapter at Washington and an adorable workout tank that I rock on the weekly. It was a super sweet gift and so useful!
Gifts for All:
- Socks: Now before you think “lame”… listen up. I LOVE socks.
- Nordstrom has “butter” socks available right now for the holidays. If I received 50 pairs, it would still not be enough. They come in tons of adorable colors and packs of three!
- Last year I purchased a pair of Blue Q socks for every lady on my team at work. These are HILAROUS and amazing and so great… because they are excellent for boots but also SASSY! If you are ever having a bad day, just go online and read these socks.
- Beauty Supplies:
- Sara Happ has made sugar lip scrubs for years and I currently own the grapefruit one. I have had the peach scrub in my “wishlist” at Nordstrom for a solid year. This would be a great gift that gets used!
- My FAVORITE mask company, Glamglow has made travel-sized tubes of their masks that they sell at Nordstrom Rack! You can buy them as you are checking out. These are perfect stocking stuffers and quick gifts!
- Beverage Containers:
- Adorable coffee cups from Ashley Brooke Designs will always be a home run. The brightly colored letters and adorable fonts were created to make girls happy!
- Water bottles are all the rage right now and a girl can never have too many. There are tons of die hard S’well girls… but you all know I love my BKR.
- Finally Candles:
I hope this helps, inspires you and gets your creative juices going! I found all of these products at Nordstrom online or… in Columbia at local boutiques… so buy local! I get my favorite things at little gift shops in town! Happy holidays and tomorrow we are doing the man gift guide… stay tuned! HUGE THANK YOU TO Swank boutique, Cahouns gift shop and Tululahs Kitchen wear shop for the great merchendise and gift ideas!