So, today is my birthday. HBD ME! I guess I am shocked it is here. I figured for my celebration today I would talk about what is left on my bucket list.
My mom had a heart attack at 58. She is healthy, she eats perfectly, she is fit and works out. Her heart attack was purely stress related. I have a lot of her in me. Over Easter weekend, she wispered in my ear, "you know, you and I are a lot alike." I wispered back, "but I plan on my first heart attack finishing me." I have always been a lot and intense… so in my book, my heart attack will be more intense. With that being said, I am over half way through my life in my head… which means it is time to start thinking about this stuff. Morbid, but I want you to know it is all in jest.
Now: I have done A LOT! I am so lucky. I have been everywhere, seen everything, and been able to give gifts to people that make my heart sing. So here is what is left.
My bucket list:
- I want a crazy makeout under the northern lights. Mostly so I can fulfill this song's lyrics.
- I want to learn how to drink and appreciate a scotch neat.
- I want to go to the Kentucky Derby… and bet on a horse.
- I want to climb a mountain… like an overnight experience… like Rainer.
- I want to write a book.
- I want to go on a week long yoga retreat where I wake up every morning and get right with my soul. No phones, on the beach somewhere hard to get to. I'll take some spa treatments on this trip too.
- I want to buy an OLD house and completely renovate it in all of it's glory… like what my parents did.
- I want to build a home on my parents property, so I can show my family what it feels like to live in the peace of the Pacific Northwest.
- I want to take dance lessons, so when I go to parties I actually know how to partner dance… and all of them! I want to two-step, I want to waltz, I want to partner dance to every song on the radio… music is better when you are dancing to it… Life is better when you are not alone.
- I want to endow a scholarship. Or give a huge donation and have something named after my family.
- I want to find a signature fragrance. For a long time I wore Creed Spring Flowers, but it is not complex enough for me any more. Now I am wearing Carven but I feel like it is a little trendy. For a minute I wore Bond No 9 Scent of Peace, which I really like, but I just want classic. Something that every time a person hugs me they smell me and think, oh yeah that is KJ.
- I want to write an acceptance speech, and have a reason to give it. Not because I want to win anything, but I want to publicly thank all of the people I need in my life… and I want the world to know I need them.
- I want to, once, fly in a private jet… or Ill take someone's helicopter.
- I want to visit Rio, Istanbul and Moscow.
- I want to take a class on wine and understand the year why people spend so much time smelling and swirling their glasses… or why you smell the cork.
- I want someone to surprise me. Like with a party or vacation or something. I am super perceptive and honestly have never had my hair blown back with a surprise. Except when I won president of the year at WSU for Kappa Delta… Only surprise ever.
- I want to have a baby. I really want to be a mom.
- I want to remove my tattoo.