Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes yesterday! I am shocked it was here and has left already. I figured for my recap I would talk about what is left on my bucket list in life!
Not to be weird… But, my mom had a heart attack at 58. She is healthy, she eats perfectly, she is fit and works out. Her heart attack was purely stress related. I have a lot of her in me. Sometimes I feel like I am half way through life because I am walking down a pretty similar path… And my family just has broken hearts.
Now with all of that being said: I have done A LOT! I am so lucky. I have been everywhere, seen everything, and been able to give gifts to people that make my heart sing. So here is what is left.
My bucket list:
- I want a crazy makeout under the northern lights. Mostly so I can fulfill this song’s lyrics.
- I want to learn how to drink and appreciate a scotch neat.
- I want to go to the Kentucky Derby… and bet on a horse.
- I want to climb a mountain… Like an overnight experience… Like Mount Rainer.
- I want to write a book.
- I want to go on a week long yoga retreat where I wake up every morning and get right with my soul. No phones, on the beach somewhere hard to get to. I’ll take some spa treatments on this trip too.
- I want to buy an OLD house and completely renovate it in all of it’s glory… like what my parents did with my childhood home.
- I want to build a home on my parents property, so I can show my family what it feels like to wake up each morning in the peace of the Pacific Northwest (even if it is a cabin vacation home).
- I want to take dance lessons, so when I go to parties I actually know how to partner dance… And all of them! I want to two-step, I want to waltz, I want to partner dance to every song on the radio… Music is better when you are dancing to it… Life is better when you are not alone.
- I want to endow a scholarship. Or give a huge donation and have something named after my family – just to give back to the gifts that have given to me.
- I want to find a signature fragrance. For a long time I wore Creed Spring Flowers, but it is now a little too sweet for me. Now, I am wearing Carven but I feel like it is a little trendy. I want something that every time a person hugs me they smell me and think, oh yeah that is KJ.
- I want to write an acceptance speech, and have a reason to give it. Not because I want to win anything, but I want to publicly thank all of the people I need in my life… And I want the world to know I need them.
- I want to, once, fly in a private jet… Or I’ll take someone’s helicopter.
- I want to visit Rio do Janeiro, Havana, Istanbul and Moscow.
- I want to take a class on wine and understand the year why people spend so much time smelling and swirling their glasses… Or why you smell the cork.
- I want someone to surprise me. Like with a party or vacation or something. I am super perceptive and honestly have never had my hair blown back with a surprise. Except when I won president of the year at WSU for Kappa Delta… Only surprise ever.
- I want to have a baby. I really want to be a mom.
- I want to remove my tattoo.
There it is! I will hopefully continue to add to it! I suppose it bothers me that there are only 18… I need a better number, like 20!
LOVE YOU ALL! Thank you for making my day special!